Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Shoes for the rainy day

It's flooding season here in Philly and across the North-East, so what's a fashionable lady to do when she doesn't want to get her tootsies wet, doesn't want to ruin her fashionable pretty shoes, and can't wear colorful rubber boots on account that, well, it may be raining but it's still 80 degrees outside and boots are out of the question?

This question has plagued me for the past several days, when I was forced to run a few errands in the rain. I usually have my Sperry Top-Siders for such occasions, but frankly, I'm getting tired of them, and that nubuck looks worse and worse with every wear.

What I need is a stylish alternative to the typical boat shoe, so I scoured Zappos' impressive database for rubber shoes (NOT boots). There are basically two pretty models out there: the Sigerson Morrison and the Kate Spade.

Unfortunately, I don't think Sigerson Morrison got the "practicality" memo when he designed these shoes. Yeah, they're rubber, and cute, but they're cut so low on the sides and the vamp, that it seems preposterous to use them at any other time than after the mildest of showers--and even then, it looks like you have to avoid puddles at all costs. A rain shoe that can't really be used in the rain? And at a hefty price tag of about $100 (on sale?) The day Scarpediem buys such a shoe will be the day she may have to be committed, for it seems she may have lost her mind. (May I add, with all the comfortable, breathable, beautiful materials out there, I see no point in wearing rubber shoes unless it's raining.)

I could, however, be persuaded to try any of these Kate Spade Kelly rubber loafers:







Tres chic, n'est ce pas? More decent coverage, friendlier toe-box, cute contrast colors. Alas, the price is similar to the Sigerson Morrisons, and this shoe lover cannot, yet, be persuaded to spend over $125 for rubber shoes, cute as they are. I guess I'll patiently wait for the sale, though I may be out of luck since many of the colors have been sold out in my size. In the meantime, if you have any suggestions for chic rubber shoes, do let me know!

8 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Cristina Hanganu-Bresch said...

Thanks! I'd go with the black loafers, which seem neutral but nice enough. Or wait for a nice sale for those Kate Spade...mmmmm....

 
At 4:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Chic rubber shoes"! Oh. man! The one and only "chic" rubber footwear are the rubber boots! Of course if you are going in to the jungle!

 
At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with jitterbug the Sperry shoes are abit better looking and since I can afford a pair less expensive.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Nice shoes!...I like those yellow shoe, i presented a pair of yellow timberland shoes to my daughter for her birthday and she was so happy...

 
At 1:52 AM, Anonymous Footrwear said...

Brogues are good Footwear that have emerged in Ireland and Scotland. Today, these Footwear are generally used as dress Footwear ladies. You can also get brogues for women on the market.

 
At 3:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may even organise one thing by means of contacting directlyDiablo III Gold this Bluefly distributors (on the telephone)--who appreciates! Just the same, your sweetheart should be thinking about very little fortuitous undertake a hubby ready to purchase your ex Roger Cheap Guild Wars 2 GoldVivier shoes--the cost will become irrelevant at this time

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger zoyi330 said...

Was looking for link up! Have a wonderful weekend break! :) My partner and i almost all Iphone 5 cases associated way up. Your enthusiasts are usually invited to come along with link up any moment Fri-Wed Appreciate your welcoming myself above from OneCreativeMommy

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

So wonderful! ~I really love the excellent site~~It can teach lots of useful information~ I also think it should be shared by everyone~~And the picture also be beautiful! ~In a word, Galaxy 3 case suit itself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home