Sunday, July 23, 2006

Shoes for the domestic chores

I don't know about you, but whenever I have something really tedious to accomplish, errands to run, chores to do, I feel sort of better about it if I can wear beautiful and comfortable shoes. I am not of the philosophy that one should throw on the first pair of sneakers or flip-flops lying around to run to the store because you forgot to get milk. If the trip is a nuisance but you gotta make it anyway, why not wear nice(yet still comfy) shoes? I guarantee it, the trip is going to feel like much less of a chore. You might as well enjoy yourself--I mean, what else is the point of having a fabulous shoe collection?

Lately, my life has been consumed by trips to the likes of Best Buy, Lowe's, Home Depot, Linens'n'Things, Target, and a few other department stores, all repeated in a boring loop. At home, I've been consumed with packing, cleaning our new home, and managing the seemingly endless renovation project. It's consuming all of my time and energy, so I might as well do it in comfortable shoes, no?

So, trip to Home Depot: my Taryn Rose burgundy patent mules. Best Buy? Cole Haan G-series metallic ballet skimmers. Target? My adorable red and white Hegos flats. Et caetera, et caetera.

But for indoors--when I have to run up and down flights of stairs and land on brand new hardwood floors? Why, I think I've found the very thing:
They're dance shoes warmly recommended by Beth, a reader of this blog, who swears by them. True, she only used them indoors for swing dancing--which I, sadly, don't know the first thing about--but I think they'd be fab for my purposes, don't you think?

Described as a "feminine athletic shoe in a wingtip version," they have a flexible suede sole, which makes them great for swing dancing--or for dancing around with a mop/broom/vacuum on hardwood floors (I'm going to channel Fred Astaire for sure!). And...and....and they're only $45!

They might be able to withstand walking outside, but the sightings of these wingtips outdoors have been unconfirmed to date.

So ladies, do your chores in style and comfort (do fun things in style and comfort too, of course!). And in all likelihood, you won't hear from me for a while--got to resume the running around so we can be moved next week. Until then, groove on!

3 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I feel this shoe will be
comfortable for ballet dance also.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

nice shoe...I have a pair of timberland shoes but this looks more attractive....

 
At 5:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

in case you GW2 Gemsare planning to burn up very hot, you could as well do it within shiny, fiery, bejeweled thongs, that control interest and also authoritatively show you because intense fashionista which can't be deterred,Diablo III gold occur hail or even nightmare, through hunting fantabulous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home