Saturday, July 15, 2006

Confessions of a shoe-deranged mind

I've been fantasizing over these Kate Spade loafers lately, currently $118 (down from $295) at Neiman Marcus:
Which brings me to this morning's dream: we were guests over at Kate Spade's house, which turned out to be a modest apartment somewhere in Manhattan. I didn't understand why the apartment was so small when such a famous designer lived there (to say nothing of the husband). She wore a red striped cardigan and I wanted to tell her that I have the exact matching shoes, but somehow didn't get around to it.

I was wondering where all the fabrics and art work and beautiful things designers surround themselves with and draw inspiration from are-when I noticed that the kitchen cabinets were stamped with a gallery of animals, in a way that seemed to keep a tally. And then, lo and behold from a huge bowl in the middle of the room which seemed empty until then, Kate summoned a gallery of LIVE animals, all miniaturized and brightly colored: a pink hippo that couldn't have been larger than a fattened rabbit, a miniature zebra and the like. It dawned on me that there's where she grows all those materials she makes her shoes and purses out of!

But there was more: as I approached the bowl I noticed one last creature, which looked like a cross between a cockroach and a hippopotamus, with translucent skin and gold organs and a gold shell. I was immediately horrified and demanded that the creature don't touch me. Too late: the gold mini-hippo-roach (the size of a large squirrel) was fast as lightning and I ran away from it. The more I ran (around the dinner table, mind you), the faster it became, and when I finally stopped, it jumped right up at me and perched on my head, and I stood there, heart racing, full of horror, waiting for somebody to peel the gold creature off of me. The end.

Crickets chirping. Yep, I know, nothing is more tedious to some people than reading/hearing other people's dreams.

But this is just a perfect illustration that I have the gold beast shoes on my mind and they're lodged there until somebody rescues me.

8 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Actually I'm impressed. My telling of my dreams is never anything near as coherent!

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god what is wrong with the world all of the shoes i just looked at made me gag

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg what is wrong with the world all of the shoes i just looked at made me gag!!!

 
At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice site
http://www.superinsurancesite.org

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Is this realy shoes..looking gr8..no words to express its beauty..then why people dont go crazy for
designer shoes. like this.

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Philip said...

This will not really work, I suppose this way.
cruze | funny license plates | weather in Ireland

 
At 3:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just about any Buy RS Moneylady that will considers that hobbling all around with two slim branches gives her energy has to talk with several women who even have electrical power. I am pretty sure Admin Hemp doesn't move marching throughoutcheap Diablo 3 gold the center eastern side inside stilletos.

 
At 2:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you greatly with regard to revealing this valuable data.cheap phones for sale I might definitely similar to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home