Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Fall! Fall! Fall Shoes!

The question is: with cold weather breathing icily down our backs (seriously: I had to put on the fleece tonight while walking the dog), what is the woman who loves style and comfort to wear?

The short answer is: I would gorge on any of these three models from Arche, and I'd make a sandal out of the leftovers:


Arche "Loreto"

Arche "Lombok"
Arche "Lydie"

They are yummy, aren't they?

But since my shoe closet runeth over as it is, I'll just have to pull out my fall shoes, of which, the Lord be praised, I have an abundance. I can't WAIT to wear, in particular, these two sweeties:
Etro Green Print Velour Skimmer

and (drumroll, please):

Purple Suede Louboutin Flats

...which I may have described, at one time, as my Dream Purple Shoes. I managed to get them for under $200 (a small victory) from eBay, not without the requisite aggravation of some PayPal BS.

I also can't wait to wear my Claudia Ciuti wedge boots, acquired for a measly 10% of the original price in one glorious moment of grace on Zappos:

If I were, however, to buy a single pair of boots for this summer, I would fulfill my old dream of owning a pair of fierce red boots. Such as these, for example:
Only a 2" chunky heel, and they seem to have plenty of calf room (trust me, I need it!). Too bad they're waaaay over $500.

In fact, let me make this a goal for the fall. If I am to buy a single pair of shoes, let it be a pair of fierce red boots. Expect regular updates!

17 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scarpe dear, my compliments. The purple shoes are absolutely gorgeous, and I fully endorse the red boot purchase plan. My own dear wife has ordered the OTHER red boots from Anthro, for similar absurd price, and with my full support. Way I see it, if she's totally in love with them (she is) and they're totally unique (they are) and a total statement (indeed), THEN their purchase transcends the normal logic applied to a shoe/boot purchase. I mean, why not these instead of three pair of nothing shoes? Same logic applies to your pair -- BUY 'EM!!

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

Where have you been lately? I really enjoy your blog, but have been dismayed to see it not getting updated recently.

-Chris
http://www.fashioniq.com

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those red boots are fabulous. And I don't usually use that word but it's the only way to describe them.

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss you! Please come back!

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those red boots are to die for! I have a pair of red stilettos that I love, but I do believe that I have found a new love! I also recently found a pair of metallic Giuseppe Zanotti boots that are extremely festive for the holiday season! Another must have.

http://kristopherdukes.com/2006/11/06/metallic-giuseppe-zanotti-boot/

Along with the red boots I believe they definitely make a statement!

 
At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have really well put together blog. Keep posting!

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Marina said...

Nice blog !!!
Take a look to my shoes
Marina

 
At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found a great shoe search engine showing very similar shoes to the one described in your blog; ChezImelda . They claim to be the largest shoe store in the world and I buy it. It is actually a visual shoe search engine. First time I have seen so many shoes, from boots to slingback, slippers, high heels, endless inventory. And lot of fun since you can browse and search it either by image or text of the relevant shoe.

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey those red pair of boots seems absolutely stunning and the buckles on it make it more gorgeous. Once I bought a similar kind from an online shopping mall.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Awesome collections of shoes..nice design..as said by other bloggers..the red boots is fabulous.me too planning to have one

boots
for this Christmas.

 
At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow those boots are gorgeous, I need more closet space lol

anyways great pick of shoes


http://heelsandsteals.com

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

nice post...!!!!my wife has 5 pair of red boots.....no doubt..... All are from Timberland shoes

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The purple shoes are absolutely gorgeous

 
At 4:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure it’s Diablo 3 Goldexcellent to share, to determine precisely how people match up their clothing along with components with each other. At any rate probably I’m dreaming a little bit yet thatGuild Wars 2 Gold doesn’t want nearly anything, doesn’t get nearly anything.

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger qiaoke330 said...

Was looking for link up! Have a wonderful weekend break! :) My partner and i almost all Iphone 4 case associated way up. Your enthusiasts are usually invited to come along with link up any moment Fri-Wed Appreciate your welcoming myself above from OneCreativeMommy

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger ada3martin said...

I love Lumia 820 case. It's useful~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home