Sunday, April 23, 2006

Clean Laundry Carnivale!

This week, the extraordinarily talented Danielle at Final Fashion (seriously, check out those drawings!) asks us to describe that favourite outfit that we always like to wear still warm from the dryer.

To which my first response is, "my pajamas, of course"! To be even more specific, it's a very simple, long ,white, empire-waisted, lightweight cotton nightgown, just perfect the warm summer nights.

But seriously--fresh out of the dryer, I think I like my Gap solid-color tank tops (gasp! ze horror!). Yes, I have a bunch of them and I think they're supremely versatile because I can layer them ad infinitum, without going through the same outfit twice.

In all honesty, my all-time favorite outfits do not take lightly to the washer and dryer cycle, and require the gentler touch of dry-cleaning. Hence, I will only briefly mention here my all-time favorite flared black jersey pants, long-waisted and creating the most streamlined, feminine sillhouette that I could ever hope for. Or my favorite black and grey leaf-print Dana Buchman silk flutter sleeve top, which also creates the illusion of a much slimmer waist.

And because everybody loves clean, bright socks, I'll have to mention the red giraffe-print socks I'm quite fond of and which make a cameo appearance in this picture:

...which also reveals that my dog is, in fact, the biggest clean laundry afficionado of us all. He likes to get in on it as soon as I get it out of the dryer. For those of you horrified by this, don't worry: Idefix is cleaner than most people I know, since he takes a shower every day after coming from the dog park, with lukewarm water, please, and Earthbath shampoo. And yes, he's the most snugglicious creature I've ever encountered.

11 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh fucking cute dog! I want one of those!

 
At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can just imagine how comfortable your dog is feeling! I sometimes like to do that too - throw all the clothes on the bed and jump in ;)

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Cristina Hanganu-Bresch said...

Some of us actually lived up to that dream (Verbal Croquis.

More Idefix goodness at Idefix on Flickr.

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, wittle puppy wuppy so cute.

Is he a superhero? He must be. They all are. Who else can make the grey skies blue and do a happy dance when someone even mentions the word "car" or "carrot?"

Lucky you!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Cristina Hanganu-Bresch said...

Susanna, I am indeed very lucky: my dog is a little angel, and I have to really exercise restraint in order not to gush about him approximately 24/7, including on this blog. I'm afraid that once I start, I can't stop. He's a miniature bull terrier, 30 lbs of pure muscle, but as gentle and playful as they come.

Idefix is furry goodness, canine perfection, adored and adorable at the same time. He was born a Lover, and he will lick your face with wild abandon, throwing in some tongue action if he can (I call it French licking, or lick-a-thons). His other hobbies: wrestling dogs 3 times his size, chasing the waterhose, and eating Greenies (which he richly deserves).

 
At 2:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I havesell guild wars 2 gold a bunch of them and I think they're supremely versatile because I can layer them ad infinitum, without sell diablo 3 gold going through the same outfit twice.

 
At 11:50 PM, Anonymous gw2 gold said...

I can just imagine how comfortable your dog is feeling! I sometimes like to do that too - throw all the clothes on the bed and jump in ;)
Cheap guild wars 2 gold
cheap GW2 Gold

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

In the reign of Emperor the Second of the Qin Dynasty (221-207 B.C.), Runescape Gold the prime minister Zhao Gao, obsessed with ambitions, was planning to usurp the throne day and night. But he did not know how many of the ministers in the court were allowed to be ordered about by him rs gold and how many of them were his opponents. So he thought out a way to test how high his prestige among the ministers was and also to find out who dared to oppose him. One day when court was held Runescape Gold, Zhao Gao let someone bring a stag to the court and, with a broad smile on his face, he said to Emperor the Second of the Qin Dynasty:"Your Majesty, here is a fine horse I'm presenting to you."

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

A tree covered with tinsel and gaudy paper chains graced one corner Runescape Gold. In another rested a manger scene produced from cardboard and poster paints by chubby, and sometimes grubby, hands. Someone had brought a doll and placed it on the straw in the cardboard box Runescape GP that served as the manger. It didn't matter that you could pull a string and hear the blue-eyed, golden-haired dolly say Cheap Runescape Gold, "My name is Susie." "But Jesus was a boy baby!" one of the boys proclaimed. Nonetheless, Susie stayed.

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger nongfu380 said...

Oh Fine! Great! :DeborahNaturally usually remains favorable ..Lumia 920 cases Make sure you meet up with throughout more content periods

 
At 1:34 AM, Blogger ada3martin said...

Everyone should learn many things from his or her childhood. The teacher is his or her parents or elder. But I think whoever you are, we should study harder and learn some things from the educated people, even the Lumia 920 case people who doesn't get good education, only who can teach you some good thing,it's great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home