Friday, May 19, 2006

Anniversary Equation

What do you get when you add up:

- husband's birthday--big 4-0!
- anniversary--4 years (whoa!) (and yes, we did get married on his b-day)
- elegant French brasserie downtown Philadelphia
- 1/2 mile walk to said brasserie (and back!)
- outside seating
- breezy evening (not really suitable for sandals)
- happy bag to coordinate with
- dress in earthy tones?

Why, I don't know what yours added up to , but my result was this tobacco suede Miu Miu skimmer, with orange and green floral vamp:
The dinner was delicious--I had steak and he had chicken, for a change. Except he ended up eating the whole chicken AND 1/2 my steak. For appetizers we shared a sublime fricassee of mussels, and for desserts, we also shared a strawberry-rhubarb compote with creme fraiche icecream.

The best part of outside seating is that we could watch the shoes of the passers-by and make snide comments about them. He deplored the fashion horror that he proclaimed bicycle-toe shoes to be; I deplored the general ugliness of the "comfortable" shoes and the obvious painfulness of some of the towering heels I saw hobbling our way.

You just can't fake a genuine bond over quality footwear.

Oh, and in case you wonder, he was wearing Edward Green shoes.

7 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I just had to let you know that you have the BEST blog on the net .. I love reading your comments .. you write so well !!
Thank you so much for making this blog, I looked into many shoes that you shared with us all in here and they are comfortable!
I am suffering from PF and still you find great shoes for me to wear on occasions!
Thanks again,

Lissa

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Cristina Hanganu-Bresch said...

Thanks--that's so sweet of you to say! I try--and I'm glad the message gets heard. Hopefully, we'll be cured of this pesky PF some day... some day...

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Ronica said...

Excusez-moi, what is a bicycle-toe shoe? If you mean those Keen ones, I totally agree with you on that (yeck!)

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Cristina Hanganu-Bresch said...

My hubby-unit limited his comments to men's shoes (women's were my specialty). He claims they look somewhat like this.
In other words, they're inspired by bicycle shoe design in that it has two lateral panels that frame a central one that extends all the way down to the welt, covering the toe. That's the best explanation I could come up with for now. The examples he showed me were pretty ugly, though, in my opinion, not utterly offensive--but again, he has very (very!) high standards for men's shoes.

 
At 7:31 PM, Anonymous Damian said...

Thank you for the article, very worthwhile material.
Boudin Blanc I - (Sausage-Making Cookbook)

 
At 2:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He / she Cheap Diablo 3 Golddeplored the style scary that they announced bicycle-toe footwear to become; I actually deplored the general ugliness of the "comfortable" shoes or boots and the obvious painfulness Buy Runescape Goldof a few of the towering high heels I observed hobbling each of our approach.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Alberta Smith said...

It's a good deal better ones compared to plastic-type material ones Iphone 4 cases with retailers on a regular basis.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home