Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Jellies

I have an inborn horror of jellies. I was horrified--horrified!--when Marc Jacobs came up with what seemed like a whole line of them (complete with a gladiator version!). What's the appeal of plasticky-rubbery-sticky substance rubbing against your feet, promoting sweat, blisters, and discomfort? Brrrr! I can't imagine an occasion for wearing ostentatiously plastic shoes other than transporting your sun-and-sea-drenched tanned self from the long chair to the thatched-roof bar on the beach and back. (Let's face it, it's not worth it putting any other shoe through the ordeal of sand+sun+seawater. Plus, you don't really have to wear them for long anyway).

So, a resounding no to jellies, for my part. Well, maybe with one exception, due mainly to the extraordinary sale price ($39.95): these Icon jelly slides, with leather insole and upper and "Girl in the rain" print:

Now, I wouldn't be ashamed ordering my Mai Tai in those (and an assorted swimsuit, of course)!

4 Comments:

At 5:49 AM, Blogger Ronica said...

The girls I babysit take "modelage" (sculpture) classes at the Louvre every week, and their teacher wears jellies. Makes sense to me--there's clay everywhere, and she can just rinse them off and hang to dry when she changes back into her Parisian street shoes.

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Cristina Hanganu-Bresch said...

Yeah, that makes sense. I guess I'm objecting to jellies as street wear. And they don't have to be overpriced ($100 for a pair of MJ jellies? I think not!).

 
At 1:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monica usuallyCheap RS Gold takes the wedding cake. We have merely viewed your ex using tasks, but these tasks currently have tied to everyone. The girl deal with Buy Guild wars 2 Goldreminds me a little bit of Isabelle Adjani's

 
At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Cheap gw2 gold said...

The girls I babysit take "modelage" (sculpture) classes at the Louvre every week, and their teacher wears jellies. Makes sense to me--there's clay everywhere, GW2 Gold and she can just rinse them off and hang to dry when she changes back into her Parisian street shoes.
gw2 gold

 

Post a Comment

<< Home