Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Born disappoints

A while ago I was bragging about my comfy Born Lisbon thongs:
which I recommended for cuteness and comfort factor. Well, let me retract that recommendation right now: a couple of days ago the strap between the toes BROKE definitively and irremediably, as if it were no more but a mere roll of cardboard, artistically painted and crafted to resemble leather.

True, I was aware of the undesirable rapport between price and sturdiness in Born shoes (inversely proportional, that is), but still, this took me by surprise, since that had only been my 6th or 7th wear of that shoe, and said breakage made it somewhat difficult to walk home. Luckily, I was a pub nearby so I wasn't forced to limp for more than two blocks, but still! How annoying!

Which brings me back to this: don't skimp on good quality shoes. You won't end up regretting it a month later. At least I got the Borns half price, but still, for the quality, these shoes weren't worth the $40 tag. I'd call it a $5 shoe at best.

So I'm already eyeing a replacement:
These Sesto Meucci sandals are cute, breathable, and from my own experience with the brand, should be quite a lot studier (I wore my previous white Sesto Meucci woven leather slides ad nauseam). The price range is also about double the typical price of Born shoes, but I'm in luck: they're currently on sale for $40 in my size. Definitely something to ponder...

4 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those shoes! Gorgeous

 
At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found a similar pair on 6pm.com that I like just a little better. The multiple straps glam it up a little for me.

http://www.6pm.com/sesto_meucci/madrona/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=68596&colorid=9469_2586

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger Spiky said...

Oh, I think Master Zanotti disappoints sometimes. In fact I've been wanting to talk about his fall collection! Neiman's has a whole section on it.

It's got this:

http://tinyurl.com/mas7q

Which is just beige leather with a prom-queen necklace tacked on the front. And these boots seem like a gyp to me:

http://tinyurl.com/rozss

For $1800 I think you should get real python. That's all I'm saying. But I do love these. I love them:

http://tinyurl.com/m9yys

Also, those Sigerson Ms are just luscious. Now I want to find some bright-orange knockoffs.

 
At 2:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yea, ICheap wow goldthink Learn Zanotti disappoints at times. Actually I have already been planning to talk about his tumble collection! Neiman's carries a Buy rs goldentire portion about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home