Thursday, May 25, 2006

Featured!

I noticed that a large amount of referrals to my site came today from Glam.com. It turns out I'm one of the featured blogs--and they even used part of my masthead for the "Adorable and Affordable" banner! Took me a while to figure it out, since I didn't expect yours truly to be featured on such an extravagant spot of website real-estate (I expected, at most, more of a marginal link somewhere way, way, way down). At any rate, thanks, guys!

So I believe it's time to celebrate in time with something cute and practical for the summer. Today, let me recommend:
That's right--Born Lisbon thongs, of all things! I got them in the middle of the winter, for a lucky $39.95, but they're now about $61. Still, I think you should give them a try.

As an aside: I am one of those people who stayed away from thong footwear for the longest time (specifically, until last year), because I was dead sure it would cause chafing and rubbing and pain and general horror between my toes. I started off gently with a Kenneth Cole Coconut Grove gold leather thong, which looks approximately like this (except, you know, in gold):
And what do you know! They were comfortable and cute--and perfect for that hot steambath that passes for summer in Philly, when you want to cover as little of you as possible.

I gently expanded my thong brood with this rather unique green Franco Sarto Dey (on sale now for $39.95, if you're interested):
And finally got around to the above-pictured Borns. Now, Born is a tough brand to find cute, girlie styles in, but they've come up lately with a variety of shoes that are just as much a pleasure to look at as they are to walk in (I'm keeping my eye on their slide with detachable vamp flower, which comes with 5 interchangeable floral leather accents).

Should you be in need, however, of a cute, practical, feminine, and outrageously comfortable thong (that is NOT a flip-flop!) to saunter through those hot, lazy summer day, look no further than the Lisbon. Just don't try to run in them, and you'll be fine. They also come in a green+blue ("Celadon") and a brown+off-white ("Henna") combination. I own the "Froth" one, pictured.

4 Comments:

At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for commenting on the placement - we love your stuff!

D
director glam community
and the glam team

 
At 2:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zero, they aren't D3 Goldpeople in-your-face sparkle raise high heel sandals on the beneath Thirty crowd's passion, nevertheless Thierry's abundant leathers and scultured pitching wedges and also set at an angle toe of the feet boxes hasten myCheap RS Gold breath whilst us moving in order to the feet and also dance the whole night.

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger nongfu380 said...

My partner and i on a regular basis e mailed this amazing site Lumia 920 case post site to all or any my associates, given that if prefer to readit following my personal backlinks can way too.

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger ada3martin said...

Great and useful site! It's worthful in my lifetime~ Also, I think we should learn more in the future, so I choose this site to study! Not only are Nokia cases there many friends, but also there are many resoures~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home